Wanted to get in the crypto scene for a long time but didn’t know where to start? Well, we are right here for you with a step-by-step walkthrough guide with everything from signing up, verifying your account and buying your first crypto coins.
- How to sign up to Binance
- Verifying your account with a Two-Factor Authentication
- Phone Verification(Two-Factor Authentication)
- Two Factor Authentication using Google Authenticator
- Identity Verification
- How to make a deposit and buy your first crypto coins
- How to add a credit card to your account
How to sign up to Binance
Shall we begin?
Lets start with the first step, signing up to the crypto exchange website “Binance”.
In order to start the registering process, Click here.
Once you’ve clicked on the link above, you’ll be redirected to Binance website where you can click on the “Register Now” button and begin the process as seen below:
After clicking on the “Register Now” button you will be redirected to the “Create a free account” page where you will be asked to enter your new account credentials as seen below:
Something that should be noted is that you have to enter a useable Email. Once you’ve clicked on the “Create Account” button, a mail will be sent to your Email inbox asking you to verify your Email.
Congratulations, you’ve just opened a Binance account!
Verifying your account with a Two-Factor authentication
Once you’re done with verifying your email, you will be redirected to your account’s Dashboard, where you will then be requested to choose between two different ways of Security verifications, choose the one most suitable for you.
In this guide we will show both ways.
Phone verification(Two-Factor authentication)
First, we will show the phone verification method, if you chose the Google verification, please scroll down.
- First of all, change your phone code/prefix to suit your country and then enter your phone number.
- Secondly, press on the “Send Code” button as seen below and enter the code that has been sent to your phone.
- After verifying your phone, press on the “Click to get code” button as seen on the 2nd red mark below and enter the code that has been sent your Email.
- Once you completed all of the steps above, press on the “Submit” button.
Two-Factor authentication using Google authenticator
- First of all you will need to download the Google Authenticator app to your phone via either App Store or Google Play.
- After downloading the app and opening it, you will be asked to scan the QR code given to you on the Binance site as can be seen below. You can do it via scan on the authenticator, or via entering the code given to manually.
- Once you’ve completed the previous step, you will receive a Backup key in case you ever need to recover your Google authenticator, we highly recommend saving this key in various safe locations so you never lose it.
- Once you have completed all of the previous steps, you will be requested to verify your authenticator via your email, press on the “Click to get code” button and go to your Email. Enter the code that has been sent to your Email, then go to the Google Authenticator app and write down the code that is written there (the code refreshes every 30 seconds so be quick). After entering both of the codes click on the “Submit” button.
Congratulations, your account is now secured!
Lets start with the Identity Verification step, this step is mandatory for doing any deposit or withdraw actions within your account on Binance.
In order to start the Identity Verification process click on the person logo on the top right corner, and then press on “Identification” as can be seen below:
You will then be redirected to the “Basic Info” page, there you will see the Identity Verification section. Click on “Verify” as you can see in the picture below:
After clicking on the verify button, a pop up window will appear and you can start the process.
After clicking on the “Start” Button, you will be requested to fill in your First name, Last name, Date of Birth and your address. Once you’re done, click on the “Submit & Continue” button.
After clicking on the “Submit & Continue” button, you will be redirected to the Identity verification part where you can choose between two options, verifying your identity with a picture of your passport or with a picture of your driving license. Choose the option that suits you the most and then click on the “Continue” button.
In case you chose the passport option you will be requested to upload a clear photo of your passport (make sure that nothing is hidden or missing or it won’t be approved).
In case you chose the driving license option, you will be redirected to the page seen below, where you will be requested to upload a picture of the front and back of your driving license. It is important to note that the pictures must be as clear as possible or otherwise they won’t be approved.
Once you are done with the previous step of uploading either a passport or driving license pictures, you will be now requested to upload a clear selfie of yourself to match and verify the identity of the previous uploaded pictures of your driving license/passport.
If you have completed all of the previous steps successfully you will now need to wait a couple of minutes for the site to check your uploaded pictures and verify your identity. In case you have not been verified, check the pictures you’ve uploaded and make sure they are as clear as possible and no information is hidden or missing.
Congratulations, you are verified and can begin the deposit process!
How to make a deposit and buy your first crypto coins
Click on the “Wallet” option on the top right corner and then click on the “Overview” option as can be seen below:
After clicking on the “Overview” option, you will be redirected to the overview page where you can click on the “Deposit” button to start the process.
Once you’ve clicked on the deposit button, you will have four deposit options to choose from: Cash, Crypto, Credit card and P2P. We will show you how to make a deposit with your credit card.
After clicking on “Buy crypto with your credit card”, you will have the option to choose which crypto coin would you like to buy (there are two different variation of the purchase window as can be seen below).
Once you’ve selected your desired crypto coin, you will then be asked to enter the amount of USD that you would like to pay. In our example we chose to buy USDT and Select the amount of 100 USD. once you are done with that, click on the “Continue” button.
How to add a credit card to your account
Once you are done selecting the desired crypto coin and USD amount, you can click on the “Add new card” button.
You will then get a pop up where you can add the details of your credit card. When you are done click on “Next”.
Once you’ve clicked on the “Next” button, you will be asked to fill your address information and click on the “Add Card” button when you are done.
Congratulations, you have now added your credit card and can make your first deposit!